April 15, 2016

A warming night-cap

This past week when it was so cool and rainy, I needed a little something to warm me up in the evenings.  I broke into my last jar of apple cider that I had made in my juicer last year.  Next I rooted through my pantry to see what else I could add.  Here's what I ended up with...



First I put one cinnamon stick and one star anise into a glass mixing cup.  I poured about two ounces of Jack Daniels on top of that then filled the rest up with apple cider until I had about 1-1/2 cup total.  I put it into the microwave for two minutes to warm it up and release some of the flavor of the spices.  When it was done I poured it into a pretty cup, settled in with my book, and enjoyed the evening.


You could probably also prepare a whole batch of this and let it steep longer to get more flavor from the spices.  Store it in the fridge and heat up a glass at a time when you need a warming night-cap!

No comments:

Post a Comment