November 30, 2016

Cranberry Salsa You Can Enjoy Anytime of Year

So I know we are past Thanksgiving but this is a recipe you could enjoy year round or add to your recipe box for next fall's celebration.  I can't remember where I got the recipe originally but I've been making it for years now and it has become a family favorite.  This cranberry salsa adds a wonderful kick to a turkey sandwich - try it!

It's really simple.  You just throw all the ingredients into a food processor.  

I like to start with just the jalapeno and get it very finely diced.  Next I add the onion and then the celery, cilantro, and about half the cranberries. At the very end, I add the rest of the cranberries and just pulse it quickly so they don't get crushed as much, leaving more texture to the salsa.

ingredients for a double batch
I like to turn mine out into a large tupperware  container and mix in the line juice, salt and pepper to taste.  Then I throw the whole thing in the fridge to cool for a few hours.  The flavors improve as they sit for a few days.  You can also freeze this if you have leftovers and enjoy it throughout the winter!

Final product
Here's my recipe card:



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment