September 25, 2015

Peppers, peppers and more peppers

I harvested buckets and buckets of peppers this week from my garden. 

Sweet peppers...


Bell peppers...


Poblano peppers...


Habanero and jalapeƱo peppers...


It took me days of working in the kitchen but I finally got them all processed. I canned about two dozen jars of pickled sweet peppers with shallots. I also made candied jalapeƱos, which I can't wait to try. The recipe said I have to wait 4 weeks for them to season before I pop the first jar. I froze bags and bags of individual portions of chopped bell and poblano peppers for soups, sauces, etc throughout the year. Finally, I tried something new in hanging a bunch of peppers to dry so that I can make hot pepper flakes and chili powder. 


When you go in my pantry there is such a rich peppery smell. I paused when I went in a couple times today to enjoy the aroma. 

My pepper plants are still producing too so I may be doing this again once more before frost arrives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment