August 8, 2016

What's Growing Now

I've been getting a good box full of food from the garden each day lately.  Here are some highlights of what's growing now...

corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, ground cherries, zucchini, okra, eggplant, beans

I have to watch little Soju or she'll help herself to a snack

she does love tomatoes!

I've been making loads of sauce and canned diced tomatoes.  That's what I use the most in my cooking throughout the year.

beans are starting to produce a lot too.  this year i'm blanching and freezing more of them instead of doing so many dilly beans.

butternut squash is starting to come in too.  i think i will make some soup and try pressure canning it.

the last of my carrots.  i might plant another round for winter harvest if i find the energy...
What's growing in your garden now?

No comments:

Post a Comment