Baxter has the process down for making one of our family's favorite Christmas treats: Christmas Crack. So, I thought he could show you the recipe in case you want to try it too.
1. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or wax paper and then cover it with saltines.
2. Put two sticks of butter (1 cup) and a cup of brown sugar, in a small pot and melt. Let it come to a rolling boil, stirring constantly, then pour it over the saltines. Spread to cover.
3. Put the cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Then remove and let sit for 2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and wait until they begin to melt.
5. Spread the chocolate around.
6. Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour to solidify then turn your crack out onto the counter and break it into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
7. Last but not least (Baxter's favorite step) - always lick your spreader!