July 30, 2015

"Oh, excuse me ladies. I think I may have gotten some cheese on my wattle."

"Oh, excuse me ladies.  I think I may have gotten some cheese on my wattle."




I was strolling through the reduced section at Jungle Jim's today, one of my favorite places to spend a lazy hot afternoon, and found some treats for the chickies: a container of cottage cheese with pineapple chunks in it and several heads of lettuce, each priced at a $1.00 or less!  Of the two, the birds were MUCH more excited for the cottage cheese.  They dove in beak first and enjoyed the cold sweetness with abandon.  It cracked me up to watch them walking around with cottage cheese all over their little faces when they finished.  I made up a small plate for the babies, who also seemed to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment