August 30, 2015

Now that's a chicken egg!


I went out this morning to take care of the girls and saw this green jewel peeking out from under the henhouse. Now that's a chicken egg, an Ameraucana to be exact!  It is small and very green. Here it is compared with a regular size egg from our neighbors:


Chicken eggs usually start small and get larger as the chicken lays more.

If you've been reading my posts, you'll know that we started getting eggs last week.  We thought they were chicken eggs but then realized they were actually from the duck due to their enormous size, timing of when they were laid and where we found them. There is no doubt that this little one is from a chicken though!  

Speaking of the ducks, they haven't given us eggs in a couple days. I have a suspicion she may be hiding them somewhere in the yard. I'll have to do some searching and see if I can find a nest...

No comments:

Post a Comment